[swift-corelibs-dev] NSTask and NSFileHandle implementation

Alexander Alemayhu alexander at alemayhu.com
Sun Apr 17 02:36:55 CDT 2016

> On 16 Apr 2016, at 22:55, Dan Stenmark <daniel.j.stenmark at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Alexander,
>
> I supplied most of the initial implementation of NSTask, but was holding off on IO redirection until someone tackled NSFileHandle.  I can’t say if anyone else on this list is working on this right now, but if not and if you’re really interested in finishing NSFileHandle, I would (very happily!) take care of the relevant implementation in NSTask.

Thanks for the reply and your work in NSTask.

I got some encouragement off list and would like to do the remaining implementation work for NSFileHandle.
Not sure how it will go since I am very new to this and learning along, but I will keep you informed.

Looking forward to seeing NSTask and NSFileHandle marked as fully implemented in the [status page][0].

[0]: https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation/blob/master/Docs/Status.md <https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation/blob/master/Docs/Status.md>