[swift-corelibs-dev] Migrate corelibs-foundation to the newest APIs

Robert F Dickerson rfdickerson at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 12 11:45:32 CDT 2016

As you know, currently, as of the 03-24 DEVELOPMENT snapshot, the function
signatures for Foundation has diverged. This has caused us to create
platform specific calls to the NSString, NSDate, NSCache, etc. classes. For
instance,

 #if os
 (Linux)

            |let lastSlash = fileName.rangeOfString("/", options:
            |NSStringCompareOptions.BackwardsSearch)

            |#else

            |let lastSlash = fileName.range(of: "/", options:
            |NSStringCompareOptions.backwardsSearch)

            |#endif

  I was curious about the timeline for the migration to the newer APIs and
whether someone in particular was working on it. We have some developers
here at IBM at Swift that could do some of this work, but want to make sure we
aren't duplicating work and are coordinated.