[swift-corelibs-dev] NSHTTPURLResponse.localizedStringForStatusCode()

Quinn "The Eskimo!" eskimo1 at apple.com
Fri Mar 18 04:06:32 CDT 2016

On 17 Mar 2016, at 19:52, Ian Partridge via swift-corelibs-dev <swift-corelibs-dev at swift.org> wrote:

> I wondered if Obj-C foundation translated them based
> on the current locale, but it doesn't.

It should translate them based on the current language (not locale).  The fact that it doesn't is a bug.  This seems to be yet another thing that got dropped when the code moved from Foundation to CFNetwork.

> 600 returns the empty string!

Yeah, that's definitely an off-by-one bug in the code.

I've filed <rdar://problem/25236188> to track the Objective-C side of this issue.

Share and Enjoy
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware