[swift-corelibs-dev] libdispatch prep for integration to the rest of swift-corelibs

David P Grove groved at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 19 07:49:08 CST 2016

I'd like to make progress and push this along.

On Philippe's list of work items from last week were:

> The master build script in swift/utils/build-script needs to be able to
build GCD
> The master build script in swift/utils/build-script to ensure GCD
> and all required components are built before Foundation and the
> appropriate linker paths are passed to Foundation (see how XCTest is
handled)

Currently libdispatch (and libpthread_workqueue) are outliers in that they
use autotools instead of CMake.    Do we need to convert dispatch (and
eventually workqueue) to using CMake to get the build system integration?
Or do you want to leave libdispatch using autotools to drive its build and
get swift-build to invoke a more or less unchanged autotools build for
dispatch?

I have time to work on this, but would appreciate some guidance on what the
desired outcome is.

thanks,

--dave