[swift-corelibs-dev] NSCoding methods

Luke Howard lukeh at padl.com
Sun Dec 27 04:31:03 CST 2015

> On 27 Dec 2015, at 3:09 PM, Philippe Hausler <phausler at apple.com> wrote:
>
> So a few results so far from the linux side: I ran across a few compiler crashes in the function metadataFromAccessorName; I need to dive a bit deeper into why it is failing.
> I have a few cross platform corrections that I will be pushing shortly for you.

Thanks Philippe, integrated most of these except for the changes to metadataFromAccessorName() – the symbol prefix was wrong and I think it’s better to stick with the approach of indirecting the metadata lookup through the accessor. Obviously if there’s a compiler issue on Linux we should fix it :)

(Hopefully I didn’t miss anything on the merge, unfortunately rebasing to master before merging your changes made it a bit fiddly.)

I’ve implemented but not extensively tested decodeValueOfObjCType(). Do we need to support NSConcreteValue?

— Luke