[swift-corelibs-dev] NSCoding methods
lukeh at padl.com
Sat Dec 26 17:33:34 CST 2015
> On 27 Dec 2015, at 3:45 AM, Philippe Hausler <phausler at apple.com> wrote:
> Totally reasonable since that is a limitation that will cause subclassers to not be able to implement that even outside of Foundation.
> What would help most for unit testing what you have so far?
> I have a few init?(coder:) implementations that should match the implementations on darwin; primarily I was focused on getting the plist types done first and then moving onto the other classes.
I’ve done the plist classes and a few others such as NSURL, NSLocale, NSUUID. I’m going to look at the rest today, other remaining todos are:
* reviewing fatal vs non-fatal error cases
* testing reading/writing from a stream (vs memory), seem to be some issues with this
* unit tests
* incremental decoding (probably will not get to this)
Also I’m only looking at NSKeyedArchiver – do we need to support NSArchiver?
Finally, I filed a few bugs (with patches) for things I bumped into along the way:
* SR-378: Uninitialised memory in NSDictionary initialiser
* SR-379: CFDictionaryGetKeysAndValues() bridges in wrong order
* SR-380: Occasional crashes in NSString.hash.getter
* SR-381: Request for API to return mangled nominal type name
* SR-386: NSLog() API
More information about the swift-corelibs-dev