[swift-corelibs-dev] Proposal: Make NSTask's standardInput/standardOutput/standardError properties type-safe

Tony Parker anthony.parker at apple.com
Thu Dec 17 14:31:36 CST 2015

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your proposal. This is the right place to start discussion of it. If we want to do this then we would have to make changes in both Darwin and open source versions, to maintain source compatibility.

Out of curiosity, why propose an enum instead of an additional set of typed properties? Looking at the implementation of NSTask, it sure seems like we only expect either a file handle or pipe. I’m not sure if we would ever add another.

- Tony