[swift-corelibs-dev] Git history

Tom Jowett tom at tomjowett.com
Thu Dec 17 03:25:05 CST 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if there's a way I can help to keep the commit structure of
the repo a bit tidier?  I can see the guideline being provided
on CONTRIBUTING.md however the current commit history could be a little
easier to follow for the average viewer (eb06d19 and b4f6e2b were duplicate
commits, e.g) and it seems the rebase before PR element of that guideline
could be better followed.

Perhaps a link in CONTRIBUTING.md to a walkthrough on how to squash and
rebase commits (including adding tests appropriately for bisect) could be
helpful?  Happy to put one together in the context of this project if you
think so.  Also interested in any other suggestions you might have for how
this could be remedied.

Cheers,
Tom