[swift-corelibs-dev] libdispatch build issue

Philippe Hausler phausler at apple.com
Fri Dec 11 11:02:30 CST 2015

This is only tangentially related: but I was attempting to build dispatch as well to start work on CFRunLoop and a few other dispatch bound features in Foundation on linux. I was seeing similar failures as Dzianis Fedarenka. Is there a branch/fork that I can grab to test this stuff out w/ bringing stuff up in Foundation?

My question is that of design and status of where things are at; CFRunLoop requires a method to interoperate with the main dispatch queue via _dispatch_get_main_queue_port_4CF and _dispatch_main_queue_callback_4CF. CFRunLoop will need to transact upon the same event source type as dispatch to ensure the main queue behaves correctly - so what type of event source should we be using? A socket? A producer/consumer notification via pthread conditions?