[swift-corelibs-dev] NSDate, NSDateFormatter

Joseph Bell joe at iachieved.it
Fri Dec 11 07:54:24 CST 2015

All,

Howdy.  I am using swift-2.2-SNAPSHOT-2015-12-01-b-ubuntu14.04 that was
released on December 1.  The following code:

import Foundation

let dateFormatter = NSDateFormatter()
dateFormatter.dateFormat = "dd-MM-yyyy"
let dateStr = dateFormatter.stringFromDate(NSDate())

print(dateStr)

results in

LLVM ERROR: Program used external function '_TFC10Foundation6NSDateCfT_S0_'
which could not be resolved!

when executed with the swift driver, and then when compiled with swiftc the
print statement just gives a blank newline.

I don't know if this is a known issue (I haven't found any reference on the
status page or elsewhere indicating this was unimplemented), or I have an
environmental problem.

Thoughts?

Joe