[swift-corelibs-dev] Proposal: add `noescape` attribute to public API (particularly libdispatch)

Tony Parker anthony.parker at apple.com
Sat Dec 5 15:40:17 CST 2015

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for bringing the discussion on this topic here.

One topic I wanted to discuss was finding a comprehensive list of API that needs the attribute. The next step after that is figuring out how to get this attribute to be consistent across Darwin and Swift open source.

One option was to use the API notes feature of the compiler to annotate these APIs as part of the import into Swift. Another is to get the C headers changed (on Darwin too) to add the attribute. We may want to do one approach in the short term and another in the long term.

- Tony