[swift-corelibs-dev] Third party license compatible libraries for JSON

swizzlr me at swizzlr.co
Fri Dec 4 07:33:15 CST 2015

I would like to begin work on implementing NSJSONSerialization. I believe that to get this up and running quickly, it would be prudent to vendor jsmn () within Foundation so we can quickly provide an implementation which will be crucial to web server support, instead of writing our own tokenizer in Swift, though this would definitely be a worthwhile long term goal.

My questions are:

Would it be appropriate to vendor this library either as a static lib, or even better, within the target itself?
Would there be an objection to adding MIT licensed code to the OSS Foundation?

If the answer to these questions is yes, then I will begin immediately, but I’d like to hear from someone in the core team about it.

Best,

Tom