[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0169: Improve Interaction Between private Declarations and Extensions

Jonathan Hull jhull at gbis.com
Fri Apr 7 07:32:27 CDT 2017

> On Apr 7, 2017, at 3:51 AM, Goffredo Marocchi <panajev at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 7 Apr 2017, at 09:56, Jonathan Hull via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org <mailto:swift-evolution at swift.org>> wrote:
>
>>> What is your evaluation of the proposal?
>>
>> Strong -1.  Just rename ‘fileprivate’ to be less annoying.
>
> So, we keep being told it won't happen and our current Bly suggestion discussing this proposal cannot be to just keep asking for it, can it?

We were told we can’t do the double rename.  I believe renaming ‘fileprivate’ is still on the table (or at least it will have to be at some point when we consider submodules).

If renaming ‘fileprivate’ is truly off the table, we should definitely NOT accept this proposal (for all the reasons I and others have stated).  We should keep the status quo, horrible as it may be.