[swift-evolution] [Proposal draft] Limiting @objc inference

Freak Show freakshow42 at mac.com
Fri Jan 6 08:40:42 CST 2017

When you can write CoreData and the rest of Cocoa in pure Swift, you can maybe start shoving Objective C to the door.  Until then, a whole community of developers still needs to get things done.

As someone very heavily invested in Objective C and is still using it to pay the bills, I can say the same WRT Swift.  I don't need nor desire annotating everything with nullability specifications - yet now Xcode colors all my code yellow demanding I do it.  Nil isn't an error in Objective C  philosophy and its a zero value activity and yet I'm finding my bread and butter code (I write iOS apps for a living) increasingly encumbered by Swifty cruft that make no sense in a dynamic world .

So -1.