[swift-evolution] Swift evolution proposal: introduce typeprivate access control level

Daniel Leping daniel at crossroadlabs.xyz
Thu Dec 1 04:20:42 CST 2016

How about making things more organized and move to syntax like this:

private(scope) decl

Where scope is optional and defaults to full private. Can take "file" and
"type" values. I.e:

private (file) var i = 1
private func a()
private (type) func b()

This way we can have a very fine grained access levels and maintain a
better structure. Who knows maybe in Swift 5 there will be need for more.