[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0143: Conditional Conformances

Robert Widmann devteam.codafi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 17:32:12 CDT 2016

~Robert Widmann

2016/09/28 18:15、Joe Groff via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> のメッセージ:

> What is your evaluation of the proposal?
Strong +1.  There's no proposal I believe would have a greater positive impact on the Swift community at this point than conditional conformances.
> Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
Absolutely.
> Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
Yes.
> If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
Conditional conformances are mostly par for the course in other languages that enable ad hoc polymorphism
> How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
I went so far as to fake conditional conformances by encoding them with indexed protocol witnesses to see what it's like without them.  [I'd like to delete that code].
> More information about the Swift evolution process is available at
>
> https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/process.md
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Joe
>
> Review Manager

Kudos Doug.  I'm so happy this is happening.