[swift-evolution] Removing Variadic Parameters.

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Thu Jul 7 07:58:43 CDT 2016

> The second case would looks really strange without the variadic parameter (calling site) syntax and it would no longer look like it’s one continuous list of values.
agreed, that would be odd — but I really hope that there will be a nice alternative in the future.

One very fundamental thing is missing in Swift: Fixed-size arrays.

I can't predict if or how this issue will be tackled, but the most elegant way I can see would be generic values:
let array: Array<size: 5, Int>
If this happens, it should be possible to create arrays with a minimal size as well — and additionally, you could impose other restrictions (max length, even number of elements, length mod x = n…).

I repeat that this is all speculation, and it might never happen… but would you be fine with this alternative?