[swift-evolution] [Discussion] Design guideline rule for `:`

Erica Sadun erica at ericasadun.com
Wed Jun 22 10:07:34 CDT 2016

> On Jun 22, 2016, at 8:36 AM, Adrian Zubarev via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I’d love to see something like this happen to Xcode. I’m curious if we could write an extension for Xcode 8 to refactor code to at least some of the conventions.

I don't believe these rules have a place in the API guidelines, which are meant to address how Swifty APIs should be constructed for consumption.  Style rules are best addressed by in-house style guides. I've personally adopted left-magnetic colons. This follows the Docs team style. The stdlib folk appear to use floating colons for protocol conformance.

As for Xcode, the new code editor extensions provide exactly this kind of functionality.

-- E