[swift-evolution] Feature proposal: Range operator with step

Erica Sadun erica at ericasadun.com
Wed Apr 6 16:28:03 CDT 2016

> On Apr 6, 2016, at 3:25 PM, Dave Abrahams <dabrahams at apple.com> wrote:
>
> These all look reasonable to me.
>
>>    Lastly, if you want the positive stride reversed, you'd do just that:
>>
>>    (0 ... 9).striding(by: 2).reverse() == [8, 6, 4, 2, 0]
>
> Also reasonable.
>
> --
> Dave

Unless there's a compelling reason to fight here, it looks like the opinion against
where I'm standing is pretty overwhelming at least in this subgroup. To simplify
things going forward (and to avoid compiler warnings, which as Dave A points out
is probably an indication of bad design more than bad users), I'm willing to adopt
in as well.

-- E