[swift-evolution] SE-0025: Scoped Access Level, next steps

Michael Wells michael at michaelwells.com
Wed Mar 30 19:34:48 CDT 2016

I know that it’s been suggested a while back, but what is/was the reasoning for rejecting:

public
module (same as internal in Swift 2.2)
file (same as private in Swift 2.2)
private

It seems pretty simple, clear, and understandable. It doesn’t make itself very useful as search terms (module or file are pretty generic), but I would assume that would be a learn-once-and-your-done thing.
—
Michael Wells