[swift-evolution] #import (project scope import) (former: "Pre-imported modules (sort of PCH)”)

Vanderlei Martinelli vmartinelli at alecrim.com
Sat Jan 30 14:14:58 CST 2016

On second thought in the proposal: maybe bringing `#import` to the party as
a project scope `import` instead of having a dedicated file is a better
ideia.

Something like:

#import MyAwsomeFramework

The difference between `#import` and the regular `import`: the `#import`
says “import this module everywhere for then entire project even if it was
imported again somewhere” and the `import` says "import this module only
for this file".

The `#import` would be included in any source code file and taken into
account. I know the analyser/compiler have to search each single file for
`global imports`, but they already do something like this when we use
`public let something = “something”` outside a structure/class.

What do you think?

Best,
-Van