[swift-evolution] [Proposal Draft] partial initializers

Matthew Johnson matthew at anandabits.com
Mon Jan 11 20:29:48 CST 2016

> The model will be much simpler if you ban redundant assignments to ‘var’ properties as well.

Is this just referring to the partial init itself?  Or the entire initialization sequence?  I ask because I am wondering specifically about `var` properties with an initial value.  The compiler will insert an initialization at the beginning of the designated initializer.  Is it ok if a partial init overwrites that value?  That is the only redundant assignment that I would care about, at least for now.  But that seems important to allow.

Matthew