[swift-evolution] Proposal: Port open source productivity apps to Swift to gain insight into language evolution.

Amir Michail a.michail at me.com
Sun Dec 20 11:13:30 CST 2015

Major productivity apps are probably most representative of what "normal code" looks like and would therefore give you excellent insight into how the language should evolve.

My recommendation would be to port the open source TeXmacs to Swift. It’s by far the best coded and powerful productivity app that I have seen and should have replaced TeX/LaTeX for education and research long ago.